Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Machine Shop Home

You are not connected. Please login or register

» General » Tools

Tools

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tools Empty Tools Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:37 am

brianslandon

Hello, This is Brian Scott Landon from the FVCC class. The instructor from the other class we had last night suggested that we get a micrometer. I was wondering what style and size do you find most usefull. Also, what other tools would you suggest I start thinking about getting.

Scott Landon

2Tools Empty Tools Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:02 am

John Peters

John Peters

Scott,
Check out a Starrett 0 to 1" friction thimble. You will use this more than most any other tool except maybe your 6" Starrett caliper. Starrett is still quality made in the USA and will last many lifetimes.

Later,
John Peters

See me in the Mastercam class and I can show you tools I have bought 35 years ago and some real old 1oo yr antiques I own.

WHAT WILL YOU DO WITHOUT YOUR FREEDOM?

Last edited by John Peters on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:21 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : add text)

3Tools Empty Re: Tools Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:19 am

Tim Robison

Tim Robison

You may want to wait and look at the personal tools the instructors have, and what the college has available and then decide how much you want to invest. As with anything, you get what you pay for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

» General » Tools

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum